Mitchell Madness

Mitchell Madness

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's a boy!!!

Introducing
Trevin Jess Mitchell
 Born February 18, 2011
Weighing  8 lbs 8 oz  21 inches long



We are so happy to have him in are family!!!

I'm so glad to have this blog to be able to write down events and remember them.  So for my own records I wanted to write down Trevin's birth story.

Friday morning I woke up to get my kids off to school.  I was having contractions, they were about 20 minutes apart.  I really wasn't sure if I was in labor.  That morning Zane had to go to Bountiful,  for his work.  All morning he debated on leaving me.  I finally just told him to go, but to keep his phone close. When  he got home  my contractions were about 4-6 minutes apart.  We called his dad to come over to sit with the kids, and we headed for the hospital.  In the car my contractions slowed down, so I told him to stop off at Target so we could go buy a diaper bag.  When we got to the parking lot, my contractions began again and started getting harder.  So I told him to hurry to hospital.   Finally got to the hospital and checked in.  The nurse checked me and I was at an 8!!!  She asked me if I wanted anything for the pain, and I told her no.  I wanted to do it with no medication!   When I was at an 9 the doctor arrived.  Then the pushing started!  It felt like I pushed for 2 hours.  Very intense!  He was coming out sideways instead of down.  At one point I think I told the doctor that I was done, that I couldn't push any more. I'm not sure how long  I pushed maybe for about 10 minutes, but it was all worth it.  When he came out  he instantly started to cry! They put him on me and I got to hold him.  Greatest feeling ever!!!!!  Then I started to hemorrhage.  Not fun!  They gave me a shot in my leg to stop the bleeding.   And put some medication in my IV.  My doctor was amazing!  He did a wonderful job.  My parents were in the waiting room, they came in and got to see their 25th grandchild.  When everyone left I looked at Zane and told him,  "Ok! that was so hard, I'm going to start crying now." I sat there with Zane and cried for a few minutes.  I stayed at the hospital for 24 hours and I was out of there.  I got about 2 hours sleep there.  I can't sleep on hospital beds, too many people kept coming in to bother me.
My kids are on cloud nine with this little man!

He is already changing so much!  So far he is a great baby!  Pretty much sleeps, eats, and poops!


2 comments:

  1. He is so adorable. I love that top picture! Sorry the pushing was so difficult! I hope we can come up and visit soon and see the little sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am SO happy for your family of SEVEN! WOW! What a DOLL!! Or shall I say a handsome stud - seriously. And such stunning eyes. Good work Jess! Going natural is definitely no walk in the park but sounds like you did great!

    Congrats Mitchell family!

    ReplyDelete